We are looking for an exceptional Product Owner to deliver game-changing improvements for Paddy Power Betfair’s customers and business. Reporting to Paddy Power Betfair channels Product Delivery Manager and working closely with the Commercial Product Management and Technology teams, you will be responsible for the delivery of exciting new product features and service initiatives which enable the offering of industry leading customer propositions for our Sportsbook business. In addition to developing and progressing the business development requirements you will also pro-actively promote efficiencies in working practices across the delivery function.
- Understands product/commercial needs and how these are translated into functional and technical requirements
- Leads requirements gathering effort based on stakeholders input
- Is accountable for the timely availability and accuracy of requirements for projects, ensuring the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible.
- Is responsible for writing user stories with acceptance criteria, refining and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and communications, running show and tells and tracking benefits realization
- Attends scrum ceremonies
- Performs change management through product backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Consistently communicates with stakeholders and keeps them informed of the status of requirements development
- Understands and balances commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities
- Provides mentoring and induction to other product owners
- Is expected to be a subject matter expert in their domain and have a solid understanding of company organisation and performance
- Supports and provides input into user research and UX/ UI artifacts executed by the Product Design team
- Ensures that all solutions meet company-wide, ‘hygiene’ requirements in terms of non-functional performance, security, compliance, social responsibility
- Where appropriate, co-ordinate with 3rd party content and technology providers to ensure timely and quality delivery/integration of external product features as specified.
- Drives Results – Drives for results and is action oriented in approach. You pursue work with energy and drive
- Customer focus – Build and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Communicates credibly and effectively across a range of channels and audiences
- Being Resilient – Is resilient and confident under pressure and maintains a positive attitude despite adversity
- Collaborates – Works cooperatively and partners with others across the organisation to get work done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements elicitation and specification
- Ability to relate to both business and I.T. specialists
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills
Education & Experience
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a business or technology discipline
- Experience of working in a product owner/business analyst role in an Agile context (Scrum or otherwise)
- Experience in influencing working practice change across analysis and development departments
- Experience working in a multi-product environment would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the Sports betting business would be advantageous
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.