The Web Developer is responsible for developing moderately complex areas of the product. The position is targeted to a Developer who is able to help take this function to a new level as the company continues its rapid growth.
- Develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases;
- Work within development/project life-cycle, from analysis to implementation, test and release;
- Contribute to planning and the subsequent development of applications;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current and future needed upgrades.
Key experience & qualifications
- IT Background (or appropriate post-graduation qualification);
- Experience in an enterprise environment;
- Experience with server-side templating frameworks such as FreeMarker;
- Appreciation of browser and platform variations;
- Solid understanding of browser performance best practices;
- Awareness and experience in using agile Software Development Life Cycle models & development tools;
- Experience with using browser-based debugging tools;
- Experience of using established design patterns;
- Experience using source code control (Perforce, Subversion, ClearCase) in multi-branch environments;
- Experience using defect tracking systems (JIRA/Rally, TestTrack, Bugzilla);
- Experience of using Agile methods for software delivery;
- Knowledge of data security, security threats in web applications and common security patterns;
- Knowledge of the gaming, betting industry or derivatives trading (preferential).
Key skills & attributes
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapid change.
What you can expect
We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning
Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you
In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges
You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.