The Delivery Assurance Lead is responsible for Delivery planning of product and technology initiatives based on prioritisation input from Delivery Assurance Manager and Stakeholders and for owning relationships with suppliers from a technology perspective under one area Sportsbook.
The role has specific responsibility for internal and external dependency management and delivery risk management.
This role reports into the Delivery Assurance Manager, Sportsbook and will require travel to other locations including London, Dublin and Porto.
- Delivery Planning and Reporting of all initiatives under one of the areas Sportsbook
- Input into overall prioritisation led by Delivery Assurance Manager and Portfolio Manager with focus on technical dependencies and efficiencies
- Clearly articulate priorities to the delivery teams and stakeholders
- Facilitate Technology input into Investment Requests and Business Cases with supervision from Delivery Assurance Manager.
- Internal and External dependency management for roadmap initiatives together with Project Management/Programme Management.
- Manage delivery Risks and Issues and Implement mitigation plans
- Work together with the Delivery team on resource allocation, initiatives planning and efficiencies implementation.
- Work together with the Delivery Managers on removing blockers for delivery, sprint planning and tracking against roadmap, ongoing dependency management.
- Own key communications to 3rd parties: change freezes, key events, project initiation, project closure
- Provide a clear view on supplier’s budget and ongoing budget management
- For new suppliers, coordinate technical due diligence and clearly articulate the technology input
- Work with partner management and commercial negotiations team on contract renewals
- Focus on continuous improvements across Sportsbook and report back into the Overall technology plan.
- Create and present management level information clearly and concisely
- Lead teams through collaboration with technical and commercial teams, to fast and efficient outcomes.
Key experience & qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a related role is required
- Proven track record of delivering technology through multi-disciplinary teams using agile and lean software development methods;
- Structured thinking and a clear ability to plan and deliver technical outcomes to get to the end architecture;
- Ability to lead and influence teams to successful outcomes;
- Successfully managed customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex technical challenges in a simple and effective manner;
- Ability to set priorities and focus teams on what is most important;
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders based on mutual respect, openness and transparency;
- Open to see change as an opportunity and thrive in a fluid environment.
- Works at pace and conveys a sense of urgency to the team;
- Leads by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude;
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively;
- Works well under time and environmental pressures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can think out of the box and react and adapt to change.
- Influencing skills – Highly developed stakeholder management skills; able to collaborate well and develops strong relationships.
- Culture fit – Appreciation for the products we build for the customers we serve. We deliver through multi locational teams the ability to deliver near shore relationships is key.
- Organisational fit – Pace, high self-awareness, high IQ and EQ, ambitious, low ego, transparent, entrepreneurial, high integrity, accountable, results-focused and flexible.
- Communication skills – Strong communications skills are a crucial requirement in this position, as technical solutions often need non tech-based inter-departmental explanations, especially when dealing with support teams.
- Resilience – Is resilient and confident under pressure; handles and manages crises effectively; maintains a positive attitude despite adversity; bounces back from setbacks; grows from hardships and negative experiences
- Negotiation skills – Reach agreement by seeking mutual benefit and maintaining relationships
- Experience of working with agile development practices
- Experience in implementing 3rd party products and platforms
What you can expect
We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning!
In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that’s why we have breakfast together!
You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.