Blip was founded in 2009 and in 2012 became part of a Group with Headquarters in London called Betfair. In February 2016 Paddy Power and Betfair merged and created a group that is on track to become the largest in the Online Sports Betting and Gaming Industry. We are in the API Billionaire’s club alongside Twitter, Facebook, eBay and Google, more than 2.5Bn API calls being served every second of every day throughout the year. Blip is growing to become the best place to work in Porto and we are already 300 Blippers!
Blip is a center of excellence for the development of sports betting products. We develop highly performant and reliable websites, mobile apps and retail systems for Paddy Power, Betfair and TVG brands. We’re part of the Paddy Power Betfair group, the biggest gambling company on the London Stock Exchange, and our systems are used by millions of customers across the globe.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be part of a software development team in an agile environment, which has short release cycles. You should have experience in defining test plans, executing test cases, managing defects throughout their life cycle and working with developers and product owners in order to solve issues and provide guidelines, ensuring the quality of the product. You’ll also have a decisive role in the automation strategy of your team and project, so experience in test automation will be greatly valued. You must have a proven track record of software testing for fast paced organizations where time to market, quality and rapid change are critical to the company’s success.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
· Design test plans, scenarios, and test cases in accordance with the specifications set forth in the User Stories;
· Help defining tools, guidelines and standards to test automation in order to improve software testing process;
· Help defining standards, guidelines, and processes to determine product quality or release readiness;
· Analyse, understand and review product requirements;
· Execute manual and automated tests and analyse their results in fast paced development sprints;
· Manage defects ensuring they are correctly captured, reported and tracked;
· Work with all members of the scrum team to ensure timely delivery of quality code in a continuous integration environment;
· Actively improving the continuous integration and delivery processes;
Experience & qualifications Required
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Contributions to the open-source community will also be valued;
· Experience with mobile apps testing (different devices / OS awareness, knowledge about mobile UX best practices);
· Knowledge in continuous delivery, integration and deployment methodologies and strategies;
· Experience with Jenkins jobs configuration, integration with Fabric/Crashlytics, Fastlane;
· Experience in Selenium based frameworks;
· Experience in an Agile environment such as SCRUM or Kanban will be valued;
Key skills & attributes
· Strong analytical and diagnosis skills;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Has a passion for quality;
· Open minded to consider different perspectives and views;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
· Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
· Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
What you can expect
We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning!
In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that’s why we have breakfast together!
You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.