Blip was founded in 2009 and in 2012 became part of a Group with Headquarters in London called Betfair. In February 2016 Paddy Power and Betfair merged and created a group that is on track to become the largest in the Online Sports Betting and Gaming Industry. We are in the API Billionaire’s club alongside Twitter, Facebook, eBay and Google, more than 2.5Bn API calls being served every second of every day throughout the year. Blip is growing to become the best place to work in Porto and we are already 300 Blippers!
Blip is a center of excellence for the development of sports betting products. We develop highly performant and reliable websites, mobile apps and retail systems for Paddy Power, Betfair and TVG brands. We’re part of the Paddy Power Betfair group, the biggest gambling company on the London Stock Exchange, and our systems are used by millions of customers across the globe.
Key experience & qualifications
- Java 8 and/or development experience of a high concurrency/high transactional platform;
- We value experience working with Kafka and message queueing systems;
- Knowledge of Scala, Akka, memcached, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, ZooKeeper is a plus;
- Client-server protocols such as SOAP, REST;
- Experience of using established design patterns;
- Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies.
- Work on a team that owns the services that support the scale of our business;
- Develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases;
- Contribute to planning and development of our technology;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current (and future) technologic trends.
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning!
- In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that’s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.
Flexible Working Options:
- Working From Home
- Flexible working hours