Product Owner required to work with Product Management, Commercial, Technology, Operational and Regulatory teams to define detailed business requirements and work with internal delivery teams as the single point of contact for requirements definition, acceptance tests, prioritization and scheduling.
With a passion for delivering to our customers, understanding business and system processes, an eye for detail and an ability to communicate solutions and schedules clearly, the successful candidate will be proud to be a part of and represent the Sports Product Delivery team and will take personal accountability for delivering the desired business outcomes.
The role is within our sportsbook core platform delivery area, which builds and maintains the underlying platform components behind our sportsbook products and features. The role is based in our Porto office.
- Work with Agile scrum teams, participate in scrum ceremonies and be responsible for managing the backlog of work for the team to deliver products on time and on spec
- Work with Product Managers/Commercial teams to understand high level business requirements and to decompose these into detailed user story level requirements for implementation within Scrum teams
- Work with Commercial, Compliance, Legal, developers, architects, and operations staff to ensure their requirements are collated and prioritized alongside product requirements
- Be the “source of truth” for prioritization of scrum team work, maintaining a healthy balance between project work, business as usual (BAU) work and technical maintenance work
- Work closely with Delivery Managers (DM) on the priority and requirements of technical maintenance work and ensure this work is given adequate time in the sprints
- Facilitate development teams’ understanding of business problems to be solved
- Programme and Technology management (and other relevant stakeholders) are kept well informed of the status of delivery and benefits realization
- Work with Business Development and Commercial teams to understand business drivers, input into product strategy and business cases and contribute to the production of an overall product delivery roadmap that aims to excite and motivate our customers
- Assist in maintenance of relevant product/system/process documentation
- Drive forward the sports products offered on our Paddy Power and Betfair brands by owning the ‘Product Lifecycle’
- Seek input from internal and external stakeholders to keep abreast of industry and sector best practice
- Awareness of what is going on in the regulatory world in terms of sports betting regulation
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a product owner/business analyst role in an Agile delivery context (Scrum or otherwise)
- A good understanding of the Product Owner role within Scrum
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience, in English. Including ability to communicate clearly to key stakeholders in other countries, via video conferencing, email and instant messaging
- Experience of working with development teams, software architects and business stakeholders to gather requirements, estimates and build delivery plans
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with platform teams/platform technology where the requirements aren’t immediately customer facing, but play a big part in the underlying architecture to develop customer facing features
- Knowledge of sports betting
- A background in technology, engineering, science or mathematics
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.