Quality Assurance Analyst works as part of a cross-functional team, collaborating with Software Engineers, Business Analysts and Product Owners to deliver at pace. They understand that building the ‘right thing’ is as important as building the ‘thing right’, and have leveraged collaborative test-driven techniques such as BDD to achieve both.
They believe that preventing bugs through collaborative techniques such as Specification by Example, is superior and more conducive to delivering at pace than bug detection.
They understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery, and have no interest in throwing work ‘over the wall’ to anybody inside or outside of their team. They passionately believe that a cross-functional team should collaboratively build, test, release and operate its own applications.
The QA Engineer believes that software quality is the responsibility of the whole team, regardless of job titles.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Agile and/or Lean software development approaches
- Exploratory Testing techniques
- A solid understanding of Specification by Example
- A solid understanding of Continuous Integration
- A solid understanding of Continuous Delivery
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Java or other development languages an advantage
Key skills & attributes
- Good analytical and diagnosis skills;
- Attention to detail and passion for quality;
- Ability to follow issues in order to resolve them;
- Open minded to consider different perspectives and views;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities requirements.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.