As a Project Manager, you need to have a proven track record of leading and motivating teams in fast paced organizations where time to market, quality and managing emergent change well are critical to the company’s success. You will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating project and team activities across all functional groups within the company to ensure the success of the project. You will work with Product Management, Product Owners, Delivery Managers and other suppliers to the project to solve scheduling and prioritization conflicts, whilst engaging with the necessary Senior Management to ensure objectives and priorities are aligned.
Success in role will include efficient and timely delivery, delivery at speed, whilst maximizing our resourcing and providing the flexibility for change. The projects being delivered and their resourcing will be facilitated/allocated through the Delivery Assurance function.
- Timely reporting and escalation of key issues and risks;
- Delivering a project within the agreed boundaries of scope, time cost and quality;
- Responsible for enacting agile values and practices;
- Removal of impediments;
- Assists in the improvement of engineering practices and tools;
- Organizes and facilitates agile meetings;
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve, and negotiate compromises to make sure that roadblocks are anticipated and tackled to minimize impact to schedule, quality and functionality;
- Track, report and communicate action items and key project milestones via weekly reporting;
- Develop and maintain a strong in-depth knowledge of our client’s products and use this knowledge to refine focus and influence product directions.
- Helps the team to turn the product backlog into working functionality;
- Promotes team communication;
- Enables the team to improve productivity;
- Motivates the team and plays the role of coach and mentor in addition to above mentioned responsibilities.
KEY EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience successfully managing complex projects from inception to delivery;
- Exposure to more than 1 software development approaches/methodologies (e.g. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall);
- Experience and understanding of running Agile projects.
- Experience of project management in an IT environment;
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrable ability to pragmatically apply project management methods;
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous projects;
- Ability to interact constructively with cross-functional team members;
- Recognize and focus on critical path activities and instill that focus into others;
- Negotiation and consensus building skills;
- Good management and team building skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapid change;
- Energetic, dynamic and goal focused;
- Ability to identify innovation to drive successful outcomes;
- Ability to adopt prudent change management policies.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that´s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning at Blip University;
- We deal with stress having fun while we work!
- Here success is contagious and we celebrate it!
- In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- Emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!