Product Owner to work with Product Management, Commercial, Technology, Operational and Regulatory teams to define business requirements and work with internal delivery team as the single point of contact for requirements definition, acceptance tests, prioritization and scheduling. It is a benefit if the candidate has a previous experience or knowledge of Sports betting.
With a passion for delivering to our customers, understanding business and system processes, an eye for detail and an ability to communicate solutions and schedules clearly, the successful candidate will be proud to be a part of and represent the Sports Product team and will take personal accountability for delivering the desired business outcomes.
- Work with Agile scrum teams, participating in scrum ceremonies and responsible for managing the backlog of work for the team to deliver products on time and on spec
- Work with Business Development and Commercial teams to understand business drivers, help develop product strategy and business cases and contribute to the production of an overall product delivery roadmap that aims to excite and motivate our customers.
- Work with Product Manager(s) to understand high level Epic requirements and to decompose these into packages of work for implementation within Scrum teams
- Work with Commercial, Compliance, Legal, developers, architects, and operations staff to ensure their requirements are collated and prioritised alongside product requirements as the “single source of truth”.
- Programme and Technology management (and other relevant stakeholders) are kept well informed of the status of delivery and benefits realisation.
- Assist in maintenance of relevant product /system/process documentation.
- Facilitate development team’s understanding of business problems to be solved
- Seeking input from external and internal stakeholders and keeping abreast of industry and sector best practice.
- Drive forward the Sports products at Betfair by owning the ‘Product Lifecycle’ of the products Betfair offers.
- Awareness of what is going on in the regulatory world in terms of eGaming.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum agile delivery methods and a good understanding of the Product Owner role.
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer.
- Creative thinking backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience, in English.
- Experience of working with development teams, software architects and business stakeholders to gather requirements, estimates and build delivery plans.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.