Blip was founded in 2009 and in 2012 became part of a Group with Headquarters in London called Betfair. In February 2016 Paddy Power and Betfair merged and created a group that is on track to become the largest in the Online Sports Betting and Gaming Industry. We are in the API Billionaire’s club alongside Twitter, Facebook, eBay and Google, more than 2.5Bn API calls being served every second of every day throughout the year. Blip is growing to become the best place to work in Porto and we are already 300 Blippers!
Blip is a center of excellence for the development of sports betting products. We develop highly performant and reliable websites, mobile apps and retail systems for Paddy Power, Betfair and TVG brands. We’re part of the Paddy Power Betfair group, the biggest gambling company on the London Stock Exchange, and our systems are used by millions of customers across the globe.
- Work closely with software Architects and together design new projects secure from the first phases of SDLC.
- Conduct Threat Modelling workshops with dev teams and product stakeholders and identify the threats that need be addressed during the development of new projects.
- Champion application security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Build strong business relationships with partners inside and outside Betfair to understand mutual goals, requirements, options and solutions to complex or intangible software security issues
- Software Design Reviews and Risk Identification for existent and new projects
- Develop plans for security technologies that integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure
- Facilitate the development and communication of PaddyPower Betfair Security standards for software & systems design, development and deployment
- Use and promote software, systems and operational security design methodologies
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies to detect, mitigate, triage, and remediate software security defects across the enterprise
- Work with application and product teams across PaddyPowerBetfair to encourage a security mindset throughout product development processes from concept to testing and implementation
Skills & Experience
- Must have experience as part of a complex architecture/development practice, working on multiple large and complex projects simultaneously
- Experience of managing and performing security assessments (design review & pen test)
- Good understanding of threats, vulnerabilities and risk. Ability to help people to clearly and accurately articulate complex threats and risks, controls and mitigations.
- Technical experience with any of the following advantageous; SOA, EDA, Java SE/EE, Spring, web services, JMS, AJAX, .net, Oracle database, Oracle Coherence, IP networking, HA & DR
- Able to take a holistic view of technology across the business
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to innovate
- Strong communication and documentation skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Flexible attitude and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Exposure to an enterprise architecture framework an advantage (TOGAF, SABSA etc.)
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that´s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- You will be dealing with stress having fun while we work!
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.