At Blip, UI/UX design is more than just snazzy concepts. It tells a story through the eyes of our customers and plays a vital role in making our products simple and usable.
As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll be equally comfortable doing small design tweaks one day to changing gears and brainstorming ideas that solve customer problems and make us industry leaders. We love our customers, so expect to get involved in some research to ensure your designs are as intuitive as they can be.
We have a strong culture of being collaborative and slightly mischievous, so if you like to (over) share and don’t take yourself too seriously, then you’re someone we’d love to meet.
The UX team is looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active UX/UI Designer – someone who loves doing what they do and executing innovative, practical and relevant design solutions for our customers.
In your role, you will be challenged to define and prototype new concepts for the site; to help the team understand the pro’s and cons of new approaches; and use this work to sell concepts to the business by getting feedback from users.
- Work with the senior visual designer and design director to plan and track the design progress
- Work with others in your team to design the experience, quickly iterating on multiple solutions and working through details
- Partner with Product Managers & Owners to design a brilliant digital experience.
- Work with your team to produce thorough specifications for Developers and ensure that design specifications are implemented providing constructive and timely feedback
- Collaborate and encourage collaboration within the UX team to peer review work and ensure a coherent, high quality experience
- Produce and present high quality reports, presentations, and recommendations based on your work
- Balance designing for performance and speed with usability and simplicity
- Manage your work to deliver a quality product within project constraints
Skills & Experience
- 2+ or more years’ experience recommended
- Passionate about understanding current and emerging UX trends
- Proficient with wireframing/prototyping/animation software. Sketch, Framer and Axure are all beneficial
- Effectively communicate insights, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Full-time experience in a similar/transferrable role with a strong portfolio to show
- A creative thinker with a keen attention to detail, a great communicator and facilitator
- Experience in turning projects around on a tight timeline
- Bachelors/Masters degree in a Visual Design/Multimedia/Software, or evidence of a career working in a transferrable technology field.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.