You have spent time using agile and lean practices to deliver world class software. You are someone who never stops thinking about how to improve yourself and your team.
When hardware fails, your applications keep going because they are fault tolerant. When the company grows, your applications scale right alongside. Customers enjoy using your applications, because they are reactive and always perform well.
You understand that building the ‘right thing’ is as important as building the ‘thing right’, and have leveraged test-driven techniques such as ATDD to achieve both. You believe that software quality is the responsibility of the whole team, regardless of job titles.
You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery. You have no interest in throwing your work ‘over the wall’ to anybody. Instead, you passionately believe in an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
Key experience & qualifications
- Academic Tech Background
- Packaging/build tools (e.g. NPM, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc)
- Experience in one of the following languages would be an advantage: Java, .NET, Scala
- Experience in messaging-based systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the betting industry or risk and trading systems an advantage
- A familiarity with User Centred Design and UX is an advantage
- Test-driven development techniques (e.g. BDD and ATDD)
- Automated testing and mocking techniques
- Clean coding
- Agile and Lean approaches
Key skills & attributes
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapid change.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that´s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- You will be dealing with stress having fun while we work!
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.