As a Test Automation Engineer you will be part of a software development team in an agile environment, which has short release cycles.
You should have experience in defining test plans, executing test cases, managing defects throughout their life cycle and working with developers and business analysts in order to solve issues and provide guidelines, ensuring the quality of the product. You’ll also have a decisive role in the automation strategy of your team and project, so experience in test automation will be greatly valued.
You must have a proven track record of software testing for fast paced organizations where time to market, quality and rapid change are critical to the company’s success.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Design test plans, scenarios, and test cases in accordance with the specifications set forth in the User Stories;
- Help to define tools, guidelines, standards and approaches to test automation in order to improve the software testing process;
- Assist in the creation of standards, guidelines, and processes to determine product quality or release readiness;
- Analyse, understand and review product requirements from a project management tool;
- Provide test estimates, design, execute manual and automated tests and analyse their results, in fast paced development sprints;
- Manage defects ensuring they are correctly captured, reported, tracked and retested;
- Investigate and identify the source of software defects found and advise and take action in order to prevent known issues from reappearing;
- Work with all members of the scrum team to ensure timely delivery of quality code;
- Assist in the continuous integration of the product being delivered by the scrum team.
Experience & qualifications Required
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Awareness and experience in an Agile Software Development Life Cycle;
- Knowledge in Quality Assurance processes;
- Proficiency in black box and white box testing techniques;
- Experience of Test and Defect Management tools;
- ISTQB Training – Foundation Level (preferential);
- Solid understanding of source control systems;
- Experience with Selenium, Protractor and Java Development;
- Knowledge in continuous integration strategy.
Key skills & attributes
- Strong analytical and diagnosis skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Has a passion for quality;
- Ability to follow issues in order to resolve them;
- Open minded to consider different perspectives and views;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities requirements.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.