Blip was founded in 2009 and in 2012 became part of a Group with Headquarters in London called Betfair. In February 2016 Paddy Power and Betfair merged and created a group that is on track to become the largest in the Online Sports Betting and Gaming Industry. We are in the API Billionaire’s club alongside Twitter, Facebook, eBay and Google, more than 2.5Bn API calls being served every second of every day throughout the year. Blip is growing to become the best place to work in Porto and we are already 300 Blippers!
Blip is a center of excellence for the development of sports betting products. We develop highly performant and reliable websites, mobile apps and retail systems for Paddy Power, Betfair and TVG brands. We’re part of the Paddy Power Betfair group, the biggest gambling company on the London Stock Exchange, and our systems are used by millions of customers across the globe.
Are you passionate about developing the very best user experiences on Android devices?
We want our apps to set the standard for the industry.
We have a very successful existing product which we now want to take to the next level in term of usability and functionality.
- Create / maintain our Android wrapper apps;
- Iterate quickly on UI designs across multiple feature areas;
- Work within a Scrum team to deliver user stories;
- Maintain very high coding standards;
- Help to define and implement front-end standards for performance, analysis and personalisation.
Key Experience and Qualification
- Android product development (please include details of your portfolio);
- Experience with Android development
- Gradle automation
- MVP pattern
- Dependy injection (Dagger 2)
- Most common Android network libs (ex. Retrofit)
- Proficiency in object-oriented language;
- Experience of working with mobile web APIs (RESTful);
- Ability to create simple yet extendable UI designs (fragments);
- Have a clear understanding of performance best practices;
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love.
Key skill and atributes
- Strong analytical and diagnosis skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.