This is who we are
Blip is a Tech and Innovation Hub with a strong knowledge in software development, mobile apps, web platforms and retail applications for betting and gaming.
We are part of Flutter Entertainment – one of the World´s Largest Groups in the bookmaking industry, with an annual revenue of around 2 billion euros. The Code we develop, powering brands such as PaddyPower, Betfair and FanDuel, is used by over 5 million people in more than 100 countries and we are in the API Billionaire Club alongside players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
The missing piece
At Blip, our people always come first, that´s why we believe we can complement each other.
You are the piece we are missing to improve further as a company, to build a better business for everybody, including ourselves. On the other hand, we are your missing piece-we will give you the flexibility, work life balance and the tech challenge you strive.
This role is to work on one of our FanDuel sportsbook platform teams. FanDuel is the premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers.
It all starts here!
This is your Challenge
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
- Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
- Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
- Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
- The products you’ll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do
As a DevOps Engineer, you are part of a DevOps team, responsible for the Cloud Automation tools and Application Deployment processes for FanDuel Sportsbook Platforms. Reporting to a Delivery Manager in a team formed by 5 DevOps Engineers, you will be using cutting-edge cloud automation technologies to support our Sportsbook Platform development, maintenance and monitoring, while scaling our cloud platform to meet the demands of the US market. You will be required to create well-designed, testable, efficient tools to solve deployment and delivery needs, as well as testing and documenting the implemented solutions. You will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive the scalability, performance and stability of our platform.
- Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to support the software teams with requirements and the team with solutions
- Write well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy applications in a Continuous Integration platform
- Ensure software is updated with latest features/versions in a timely manner
We hope you have
- Linux systems administration, including bash, python or ruby scripting experience;
- Configuration management experience, preferably ansible or chef;
- Experience working with Kafka and message queueing systems;
- Knowledge of Scala, Kafka, memcached, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, ZooKeeper;
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery experience, preferably in Jenkins and GoCD;
- Experience of using established design patterns;
- Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies.
We´d love to see
- Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable cloud environment;
- Hands-on knowledge of container orchestration;
- Strong desire to automate and simplify your way out of technical challenges;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem-solving.
What you can expect
- 3 extra days of vacation
- FlexAppeal – Flexible Hours and possibility to work from home
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office
- Health insurance for employee+spouse+children
- Mobile Allowance
- Choose your Operating System (Windows or macOS)
- Own your laptop and accessories after 3 years in the company
- CSR – 2 social days allowance
- Training and Certification
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks
- Community groups
- Sports Training
- Showers and Locker Rooms
- Partnerships discounts
- Teambuilding budget + activities
- Internal International Opportunities (between Porto, London, Dublin, Cluj, Malta, New York, Orlando, Los Angeles, Edinburgh and Glasgow)
Are you our missing piece? If so, apply here