This is who we are
Blip is a Tech and Innovation Hub with a strong knowledge in software development, mobile apps, web platforms and retail applications for betting and gaming. We are part of Flutter Entertainment – one of the World ́s Largest Groups in the bookmaking industry, with an annual revenue of around 2 billion euros. The Code we develop, powering brands such as PaddyPower, Betfair and FanDuel, is used by over 5 million people in more than 100 countries and we are in the API Billionaire Club alongside players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
The missing piece
At Blip, our people always come first, that ́s why we believe we can complement each other. You are the piece we are missing to further improve as a company, to build a better business for everybody, including ourselves. On the other hand, we are your missing piece-we will give you the flexibility, work-life balance and the tech challenge you strive for.
This role is to work on one of our FanDuel sportsbook platform teams. FanDuel is the premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers.
It all starts here!
This is your Challenge
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
- Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
- Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
- Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
- The products you’ll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you are part of a Software Development Team, responsible for the full lifecycle of an application. Reporting to a Delivery Manager in a FanDuel team formed by 5 Developers and 1 QA, you will be collaborating with the Product Owner and your team Developers to deliver quality products at pace. You will be required to focus on the quality of the team delivery by using test-driven techniques, such as BDD. You understand and embrace the philosophy of CI/CD and have no interest in throwing work “over the wall” to anybody inside or outside of the team. You believe that preventing bugs through collaborative techniques, such as Specification by Example, brings better results and is more conducive to delivering at pace than bug detection. You would describe yourself as passionate about working in a cross-functional team that collaboratively build, test, release and operate applications.
- Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with the demanded quality to support our products
- Analyze requirements /user stories with a critical mindset, identifying possible gaps and being ready to challenge the Product Owner
- Specification of test plans for new features or architectural changes
- Specification of test cases for user stories, in order to assure a good coverage of automated tests
- Support/Help the developers on test case implementation and integration on existing components
- Advanced structured Exploratory Testing of user stories
- Support the release management in a CI/CD environment, with a quality focus mindset
- Analyze incidents assigned to the team and create a bug story for the team to fix it, agreeing with the Product Owner the right priority and severity
- Liase with our teams in Scotland and the US to support integration, e2e and UA testing efforts
We hope you have
- At least 3 years working as a Quality Assurance Engineer (or similar)role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understands basic concepts of and can test against application programming interfaces (APIs) for web services or API gateways for varying protocols (e.g. REST, RPC or SOAP-based).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English)
- BSc or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
We ́d love to see
- Experience working in agile environments, preferably with Scrum
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and Go
- Experience in automating tests in Java, Python or related languages
- Strong attention to detail
- Can use basic commands in and navigate LINUX distributions via terminal
- An understanding of basic relational database concepts and can interface with SQL databases using simple SQL queries.
- Experience of testing on different mobile devices and web browsers
What you can expect
- 3 extra days of vacation
- FlexAppeal – Flexible Hours and possibility to work from home
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office
- Health insurance for employee+spouse+children
- Mobile Allowance
- Choose your Operating System (Windows or macOS)
- Own your laptop and accessories after 3 years in the company
- CSR – 2 social days allowance
- Training and Certification
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks
- Community groups
- Sports Training
- Showers and Locker Rooms
- Partnerships discounts
- Teambuilding budget + activities
- Internal International Opportunities (between Porto, London, Dublin, Cluj, Malta, New York, Orlando, Los Angeles, Edinburgh and Glasgow)
Are you our missing piece? If so, apply here____________________________________