The Trading Tribe Product Delivery team is charged with leading the delivery of all Trading Tribe products which enable the effective functioning and growth of the Paddy Power Betfair business. The team is responsible for the delivery of new products and maintenance of existing ones on Trading Tribe Platform product sets which serve Paddy Power and Betfair sportsbooks as well as B2B destinations.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Owner to deliver game-changing improvements for Paddy Power Betfair’s customers and business. Reporting to the Trading Tribe Product Delivery Manager and working closely with the Commercial Product Management and Technology teams, the Trading Tribe Product Owner will be responsible for the delivery of Trading Tribe product and service initiatives which enable the offering of industry leading customer propositions for our Sportsbook and Exchange businesses. In addition to developing and progressing the business development requirements you will also pro-actively promote efficiencies in working practices across the delivery function.
- Understands product/commercial needs and how these are translated into functional and technical requirements
- Leads requirements gathering effort based on stakeholders input
- Is accountable for the timely availability and accuracy of requirements for projects, ensuring the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible.
- Is responsible for writing user stories with acceptance criteria, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and communications, running show and tells and tracking benefits realization
- Attends all scrum/relevant ceremonies
- Performs change management through product backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Consistently communicates with stakeholders and keeps them informed of the status of requirements development
- Understands and balances commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities
- Understands the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the end consumer and to the business
- Manages backlogs and drives delivery of BAU & tactical features
- Expected to have a good understanding of the portfolio, project & feature delivery processes
- Ensures that all solutions meet company-wide, ‘hygiene’ requirements in terms of non-functional performance, security, compliance, social responsibility
- Where appropriate, co-ordinate with 3rd party content and technology providers to ensure timely and quality delivery/integration of external product features as specified.
- Drives Results – Drives for results and is action oriented in approach. You pursue work with energy and drive
- Customer focus – Build and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Communicates credibly and effectively across a range of channels and audiences
- Being Resilient – Is resilient and confident under pressure and maintains a positive attitude despite adversity
- Collaborates – Works cooperatively and partners with others across the organisation to get work done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements elicitation and specification
- Ability to relate to both business and I.T. specialists
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to understand back end technical architecture at a high level
- Experience in working across multiple delivery methodologies – Agile, Lean, KanBan, Waterfall, DevOps
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a business or technology discipline
- Knowledge of the Sports betting business would be advantageous
- Experience in defining business requirements for Trading Tribe platforms would be highly advantageous
Experience working in a multi-product environment would be advantageous
- Experience with integrating 3rd party feed providers would be highly advantageous
- We never forget our responsibilities to consumers and the wider communities we operate in. Paddy Power Betfair is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.