This is Who are We
Blip is a Tech and Innovation Hub with a strong knowledge in software development, mobile apps, web platforms and retail applications for betting and gamming.
We are part of Flutter Entertainment – one of the World´s Largest Groups in the bookmaking industry, with an annual revenue of around 2 billion euros. The Code we develop, powering brands such as PaddyPower, Betfair and Fanduel, is used by over 5 million people in more than 100 countries and we are in the API Billionaire Club alongside players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
The missing piece?
At Blip, our people always come first, that´s why we believe we can complement each other.
You are the piece we are missing to improve further as a company, to build a better business for everybody, including ourselves. On the other hand, we are your missing piece-we will give you the flexibility, work life balance and the tech challenge you strive.
It all starts here!
This is your Challenge
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
- Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
- Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
- Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
- The products you’ll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do
This position involves working within a cross-skilled development team and having regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
- Software creation, unit testing, adhering to standards and best practices
- Write technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively
- Code reviews, by and for peers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Contribute to team development
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues
We hope you
- Proficiency in React Native development
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Good Git knowledge
- Knowledge of multi-threaded, asynchronous code
We´d love to see
- Understanding of mobile apps life cycle
- Understanding the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies and supporting tools.
- Experience with React Native technical hiring, willing to help on growing the team
- iOS and/or Android development
- Push Notifications
- GTM Tracking
- Frameworks/SDK integration in mobile apps
What you can expect
- 3 extra days of vacation
- FlexAppeal – Flexible Hours and possibility to work from home
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office
- Health insurance for employee+spouse+children
- Mobile Allowance
- Choose your Operating System (Windows or macOS)
- Own your laptop and accessories after 3 years in the company
- CSR – 2 social days allowance
- Training and Certification
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks
- Community groups
- Sports Training
- Showers and Locker Rooms
- Partnerships discounts
- Teambuilding budget + activities
- Internal International Opportunities (between Porto, London, Dublin, Cluj and Malta)