This is who we are
Blip is a Tech and Innovation Hub with a strong knowledge in software development, mobile apps, web platforms and retail applications for betting and gaming.
We are part of Flutter Entertainment – one of the World´s Largest Groups in the bookmaking industry, with an annual revenue of around 2 billion euros. The Code we develop, powering brands such as PaddyPower, Betfair and FanDuel, is used by over 5 million people in more than 100 countries and we are in the API Billionaire Club alongside players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
The missing piece
At Blip, our people always come first, that´s why we believe we can complement each other.
You are the piece we are missing to further improve as a company, to build a better business for everybody, including ourselves. On the other hand, we are your missing piece-we will give you the flexibility, work life balance and the tech challenge you strive for.
It all starts here!
This is your Challenge
We are looking to fill the role of a Senior UI Visual Designer. Our team is responsible for intelligently designing products used by a huge audience of users every day, so we are looking for informed strategic designers with strong collaborative instincts, who base their decisions on data and the customer needs.
As a UI Designer you’ll be deeply involved in the digital production process – from brainstorming and validating ideas to working with creative development teams to discover new solutions in an ever-changing digital landscape.
What you are going to do
The successful candidate will join a team of 50 Designers & Researchers spread across four international sites. Being part of such a large design team brings a great variety of creative influences and cultures, which we exploit at every opportunity.
Our company values of Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Low Ego and Relentless Will-To-Win are embedded in to the company’s culture as are our commitments to diversity and doing the right thing by our customers.
Personal development of team members and their comfort of life is also key to our working values. So you will be supported in your career through training and mentoring and enjoy flexible working for good work/life balance.
- Work with UX designers, developers and stakeholders to translate and visualise design aspirations to fully realised interactive products for a wide range of devices and interfaces in alignment with brand and design guidelines.
- Work with UX and test teams to produce interactive prototypes for testing.
- Working with and managing design systems and guidelines.
- Ensure quality and consistency of design output.
- Uphold business aspirations of ways of working and strategic initiatives.
- Follow professional and responsible working practices; Documentation and back-up of work, presenting work and taking feedback, etc.
- Involvement in the facilitation of requirement gathering and creative workshops.
- Assist and mentor other design team members. Providing feedback and identifying areas for improvement.
We hope you
- Three or more years of UI design experience, ideally with experience in designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Strong portfolio proving a good understanding of UX design best practices and of modern, responsive design
- Strong working knowledge in UI related software such as Sketch and Adobe Photoshop is a must.
- Deep understanding of required digital assets and creation, particularly vector based assets such as SVG’s.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, usability and accessibility concerns
- Good technical/digital understanding, able to evaluate the potential development impacts of design decisions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Able to strategically approach large/multiple tasks, prioritise and manage own workloads.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be collaborative and open to receiving feedback. Knowing when to rapidly deliver multiple options for review and when to move forward to pixel perfection.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
We´d love to see
What you can expect
- 3 extra days of vacation
- FlexAppeal – Flexible Hours and possibility to work from home
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office
- Health insurance for employee+spouse+children
- Mobile Allowance
- Choose your Operating System (Windows or macOS)
- Own your laptop and accessories after 3 years in the company
- CSR – 2 social days allowance
- Training and Certification
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks
- Community groups
- Sports Training
- Showers and Locker Rooms
- Partnerships discounts
- Teambuilding budget + activities
- Internal International Opportunities (between Porto, London, Dublin, Cluj and Malta)