Reports to: Site Performance Manager
Department: IT – Operations
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Our Site Performance team are responsible for the creation, maintenance & execution of regular production load tests for Paddy Power Betfair.
You will support and evolve our internal & external load injection platforms to support high volume load testing & development activities.
You will become an expert in the load generation tools, the monitoring systems deployed against our estate, analysis of test runs and the ability to communicate this to the wider teams.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute integrated performance tests against web-based applications and back-end components.
- Creation & maintenance of load test suites for paddypower.com & betfair.com.
- Analyse test data and metrics, document test results, identify report performance issues and risks.
- Feed performance testing results into capacity planning decisions.
- Support internal & external load injection infrastructure.
- Identify & implement automation opportunities.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Previous experience of Loadrunner / Performance Centre / Stormrunner load (2+ years).
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical results to an audience of varying technical competencies.
- Awareness / experience in using agile methodologies.
- Ability to analyse performance metrics and identify bottlenecks in the system.
- Ability to understand complex architectures and how new products/changes may impact existing performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous exposure to performance testing (2+ years).
- Strong understanding of network, database, server operations as they relate to load testing.
- Desire to learn about new products and keep abreast of new product developments.
- Experience of cloud technologies (private and public).
WHAT TO EXPECT
- An opportunity to execute concurrent tests simulating load beyond production traffic peaks.
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic fast paced environment
- An opportunity to work with several development teams and get exposure to different architectures & implementations.
- To be a single point for of contact in Porto for the Dublin based Site Performance team.
- Potential travel to Dublin, London and Cluj.
Working in Blip will also mean working in an environment deeply focused on the wellbeing, happiness and sense of belonging of our employees. Our mottos are “Work-life balance” and “Full flexibility, full responsibility”. You will find benefits like:
- The possibility to work remotely;
- Showers and locker rooms;
- Bicycle parking for you to explore alternatives on commuting to work;
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks;
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office;
- Health insurance;
- Mobile allowance;
- Choice of operating system;
- Own your laptop and accessories;
- CSR – 2 social days allowance;
- Sports Training;
- Partnership discounts;
- English lessons;
- 3 Extra days of vacation;
- Finance advisory;
- Blip Baby Kit;
- Referral bonus scheme;
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? COME AND JOIN THE BEST TEAM IN PORTUGAL!
To know more about us please find us at: https://blip.pt/about-us/