Blip was founded in 2009 and in 2012 became part of a Group with Headquarters in London called Betfair. In February 2016 Paddy Power and Betfair merged and created a group that is on track to become the largest in the Online Sports Betting and Gaming Industry. We are in the API Billionaire’s club alongside Twitter, Facebook, eBay and Google, more than 2.5Bn API calls being served every every day throughout the year. Blip is growing to become the best place to work in Porto and we are already 300 Blippers!
Blip is a center of excellence for the development of sports betting products. We develop highly performant and reliable websites, mobile apps and retail systems for Paddy Power, Betfair and TVG brands. We’re part of the Paddy Power Betfair group, the biggest gambling company on the London Stock Exchange, and our systems are used by millions of customers across the globe.
- Develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases;
- Contribute to planning and the subsequent development of applications;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current and future needed upgrades.
Key experience & qualifications
- Awareness / experience in using agile methodologies;
- Packaging/build tools (e.g. NPM, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc);
- Automated testing and mocking techniques;
- Clean coding;
- Experience of using established design patterns.
Key skills & attributes
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapid change;
- Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning;
- Here success is contagious and we want to celebrate it with you!
- In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
- Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
You will find benefits like:
- 3 Extra days of vacation;
- The possibility to work remotely;
- Showers and locker rooms;
- Bicycle parking for you to explore alternatives on commuting to work;
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks;
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office;
- Health insurance;
- Mobile allowance;
- Choice of operating system;
- Own your laptop and accessories;
- CSR – 2 social days allowance;
- Sports Training;
- Partnership discounts;
- English lessons;
- Finance advisory;
- Blip Baby Kit;
- Referral bonus scheme;
So what are you waiting for? Come and join the best team in Portugal!