Paddy Power Betfair requires an outstanding Senior Project Manager to deliver highly complex and innovative projects.
This is a high energy and high impact role that requires significant experience within the industry, a comprehensive understanding of project management, strong commercial and technical acumen and an insatiable drive to deliver high quality product end to end.
The role of Senior Project Manager is to manage the delivery of projects across the varied Paddy Power Betfair business areas and development centers. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the scheduling, tracking, co-ordination, execution and delivery of projects, and ensures that all teams are focused on project delivery.
Success in role will include efficient and timely delivery, delivery at speed, whilst maximizing our resourcing and providing the flexibility for change.
The projects being delivered and their resourcing will be facilitated/allocated through the Delivery Assurance function. Your team will accomplish the project objectives by planning project activities, tracking progress and evaluating the implementation.
The Senior Project Manager will work with Product Management, Product Owners, Delivery Managers and other suppliers to the project to solve scheduling and prioritization conflicts, whilst engaging with the necessary Senior Management to ensure objectives and priorities are aligned.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure that realistic project plans are prepared and maintained
- Plans and scope priority are clearly understood and fit into the roadmap / programme plan
- Provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as per the defined project communication plan
- Create and manage business stakeholder matrix adapting communication and engagement activities appropriately
- Lead the project team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of projects
- Own responsibility to successful deliver projects to plan and within budget, while ensuring that the deliverables meet the underlying business case
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling internal and external resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budgets and managing expectations of all project stakeholders
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve, and negotiate compromises to make sure that roadblocks are anticipated and tackled to minimize impact to schedule, quality and functionality
- Proactively initiate corrective actions and manage the escalation path where appropriate; use the in-depth knowledge of Paddy Power Betfair products to refine focus and influence
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Energy and enthusiasm for project delivery that motivates and inspires people to contribute
- Support with the development of talent across the team
- Drives results
- Communicates effectively
- Decision Quality
- Project Management – Very capable at applying knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements
- Risk Management – Mitigate or otherwise deal with negative events on a project
- Opportunity management – ability to proactively remove barriers, often caused by complexity
- Capturing opportunities to maximize business benefits and focuses on uncertain events in a positive manner
- Strong Agile and Scrum knowledge – process and application
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years project management experience within a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience delivering of projects across multiple sites in an online environment
- Excellent ability to co-ordinate multiple stakeholders, requirements and priorities such that issues and conflicts are successfully resolved
- Proven ability to influence without authority – getting work done through others
- An excellent relationship builder and motivator who will thrive on working closely with internal teams and partners