Blip was founded in 2009 and in 2012 became part of a Group with Headquarters in London called Betfair. In February 2016 Paddy Power and Betfair merged and created a group that is on track to become the largest in the Online Sports Betting and Gaming Industry. We are in the API Billionaire’s club alongside Twitter, Facebook, eBay and Google, more than 2.5Bn API calls being served every second of every day throughout the year. Blip is growing to become the best place to work in Porto and we are already 300 Blippers!
Blip is a center of excellence for the development of sports betting products. We develop highly performant and reliable websites, mobile apps and retail systems for Paddy Power, Betfair and TVG brands. We’re part of the Paddy Power Betfair group, the biggest gambling company on the London Stock Exchange, and our systems are used by millions of customers across the globe.
Is this you?
- You have spent time using agile and lean practices to deliver world class software. You are someone who never stops thinking about how to improve yourself and your team. When hardware fails, your applications keep going because they are fault tolerant. When the company grows, your applications scale right alongside. Customers enjoy using your applications, because they are reactive and always perform well.
- You understand that building the ‘thing right’ is as important as building the ‘right thing’, and have leveraged test-driven techniques to achieve both. You believe that software quality is the responsibility of the whole team, regardless of job titles.
- You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery. You have no interest in throwing your work ‘over the wall’ to anybody. Instead, you passionately believe in an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
Key experience & qualifications
- Packaging/build tools (e.g. NPM, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc)
- Java 8 and/or development experience of a high concurrency/high transactional platform; Knowledge of Spring is a plus;
- Client-server protocols such as SOAP, REST;
- Experience of using established design patterns;
- Experience working with RabbitMQ and message queueing systems is valued;
- Knowledge of Cassandra is a plus;
- Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies.
- Knowledge on Test-driven development techniques (e.g. BDD, TDD, etc.) and Automated testing and mocking techniques (e.g. Mocha, Jest, Protactor, Selenium, etc.) is a plus.
- Work on a team that owns the services that support the scale of our business;
- Develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases;
- Contribute to planning and development of our technology;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current (and future) technologic trends.
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving.
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning!
- In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that’s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
- You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.