Blip is part of a group of English companies that aims to develop high-performance applications. Its products are spread across 5 continents. It operates in a market where speed and web browsing experience are crucial to business success. Blip focuses on Web engineering and Mobile great performance and intends to be simple and efficient, always developing products with enthusiasm and determination. It was founded in 2009 by two young software engineers with extensive knowledge and passion demonstrated in web designs and methodologies like Agile and Scrum. It is now one of the web development companies with the highest growth in Porto. Blip also stands out for its young and targeted approach to the development and well-being of people.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be part of a software development team in an agile environment. You should have experience in defining test plans, executing test cases, managing defects throughout their life cycle and working with developers and product owners in order to solve issues and provide guidelines, ensuring the quality of the product. You’ll also have a decisive role in the automation strategy of your team and project, so experience in test automation will be greatly valued. You must have a proven track record of software testing for fast paced organizations where time to market, quality and rapid change are critical to the company’s success.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
· Design test plans, scenarios, and test cases in accordance with the specifications set forth in the User Stories;
· Help defining tools, guidelines and standards to test automation in order to improve software testing process;
· Help defining standards, guidelines, and processes to determine product quality or release readiness;
· Analyze, understand and review product requirements;
· Execute manual and automated tests and analyze their results in fast paced development sprints;
· Manage defects ensuring they are correctly captured, reported and tracked;
· Work with all members of the scrum team to ensure timely delivery of quality code in a continuous integration environment;
· Actively improving the continuous integration and delivery processes;
Experience & Qualifications Required
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Experience with mobile apps testing (different devices / OS awareness, knowledge about mobile UX best practices);
· Knowledge in continuous delivery, integration and deployment methodologies and strategies;
· Experience with Jenkins jobs configuration, integration with Fabric and Fastlane;
· Experience in Selenium based frameworks;
· Experience in an Agile environment such as SCRUM or Kanban will be valued;
Key skills & Attributes
· Strong analytical and diagnosis skills;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Has a passion for quality;
· Open minded to consider different perspectives and views;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
· Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
· Ability to work in fast paced, team-oriented environment;
What you can expect
We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
We are committed to your development, so we enjoy sharing and learning!
In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that’s why we have breakfast together!
You will emerge in state-of-the-art technology and IT challenges!