We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, self-motivated Windows engineer to work within our Enterprise Infrastructure team. The team is responsible for provisioning, configuration and operation of core corporate systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Responsibilities are varied and the main aim of the role is to be hands on in managing all our corporate estate, including setting up the governance policies for our wider user group.
You need to be proactive, thorough, responsible and have excellent technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support as part of the day to day activity for all virtual & physical server infrastructure
- Ensure corporate IT services are highly available and secure by proactively conducting performance analysis, monitoring, capacity planning, security enforcement and disaster recovery
- Work to a high standard of service management, with an emphasis on customer service, documentation & availability
- Proactively maintain the infrastructure to prevent failures/issues and improve performance, availability and resilience
- Liaise closely with other teams in the Workplace Technologies group during service deployment and handover into support
- Support team members and mentor junior team members across all technologies
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good expertise and working experience in Windows server technologies
- Good understanding of Office 365 services and hybrid environments, including email systems
- Experience designing & maintaining complex domains deployments with Active Directory and DNS services
- PowerShell & scripting ability
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and networking concepts
- Basic knowledge of structured databases and application/web servers