The role covers of full management of the workplace environment of PaddyPower Betfair Porto.
The Operations Manager role duties cover 5 main objectives:
1. Maintain and improve our internal customer focused working environment to the highest standard;
2. Work with key stake-holders within the business to ensure that working environment continually meets the changing needs of the business,
3. To manage the workspace management team both direct and indirect team members, providing the team with objectives and giving them guidance and development opportunities;
4. Working with the teams in the site, develop and roll out policies and procedures that enhance the operation of the business.
5. To deliver all of the above on time and on budget, each year you will work with the your team to deliver a proposal for the next year’s budget.
This role reports into the Senior Finance Manager and will require travel to other locations.
- Development and implementation of Facilities and Property related policies in line with the company strategy;
- Preparation and management of Facilities operating and capital expenditure budgets, monitoring expenses and payments, generating and presenting regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Development and implementation of cost reduction and cost effectiveness initiatives
- Negotiation and management of services contracts to ensure that economies of scale are achieved reducing the overall cost of facilities management to the core business and ensuring that a consistent, quality service is provided across the group by our service providers.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships and coordinate and monitor activities of suppliers.
- Development and implementation of FM programmes including preventative and reactive maintenance, life-cycle requirements and service level agreements.
- Conduct and document regular workspace inspections.
- Plan and manage all workplace services including reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal, vending and parking.
- Plan and coordinate intra-office moves and allocate and manage space for maximum efficiency.
- Supervise refurbishment and renovation projects including maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry code, this needs to be done in partnership with the HSQA Team.
- Performance manage, develop, train and ensure efficient utilisation of staff.
- Plan and monitor energy efficiency.
- Implement and manage processes and procedures to ensure robust 24/7 response to workspace and equipment alarms and system failures and to requests and issues from occupants.
- Plan office innovations to ensure our award winning office and workplace maintains its status as a reference in the market.
- Communicates Effectively
- Influencing skills
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Being Resilient
- Strategic Mind-set
- Detailed knowledge of and strong experience in building services and maintenance, construction and property management
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration
- Working knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of human resource management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Strong supervisory experience
- Competent user of FM software tools and MS office applications incl. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.