What you can expect
To work in a company that is part of the Paddy Power Betfair Group is to work in one of the largest and fastest-growing online betting and gaming operators in the world. Here you’ll experience different, because this is a place where tenacious, adaptable and quick thinkers thrive and only the best manage to get a position.
At Blip you will be working in an international environment with:
- More than 7500 employees (close to 300 in Porto);
- 16 distinct locations around the globe, 4 of them technology development centers;
You will be working on a high scale and high demand environment. This will mean:
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers;
- Deliver performant product. 99,9% of transactions in less than a second and that our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined);
- Deliver high transitional products. We are in fact part of the API Billionaire’s club supporting and evolving an API serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day.
You will find a high availability delivery environment:
- The products you develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year;
- You will be working in a truly continuous delivery environment that includes: Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing;
You will be working in an environment where we strongly believe that our people are our most important asset and we invest on them intensively. This means:
- Having a continuous personal development process;
- Investing in your competences development not seen as a perk but as a fundamental must: for two years in a row (2017 and 2018) Blip was voted as the best company for personal and professional development in Portugal;
- Working in Blip will also mean working in an environment deeply focused on the wellbeing, happiness and sense of belonging of our employees. Our mottos are “Work-life balance” and “Full flexibility, full responsibility”.
You will find benefits like:
- 3 Extra days of vacation;
- The possibility to work remotely;
- Showers and locker rooms;
- Bicycle parking for you to explore alternatives on commuting to work;
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks;
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office;
- Health insurance;
- Mobile allowance;
- Choice of operating system;
- Own your laptop and accessories;
- CSR – 2 social days allowance;
- Sports Training;
- Partnership discounts;
- English lessons;
- Finance advisory;
- Blip Baby Kit;
- Referral bonus scheme;
Key experience & qualifications
- Java and/or development experience of a high concurrency/high transactional platform;
- We value experience working with Apache Kafka and message queueing systems;
- Knowledge of Scala, Akka, memcached, Apache Storm, Cassandra, ZooKeeper is a plus;
- Client-server protocols such as REST;
- Experience of using established design patterns;
- Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies.
- Work on a team that owns the services that support the scale of our business;
- Develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases;
- Contribute to planning and development of our technology;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current (and future) technologic trends.
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving.
So what are you waiting for? Come and join the best team in Portugal!
To know more about us please find us at: https://blip.pt/about-us/