We’re looking for a Cloud Automation engineer to join our Cloud Automation group. We deliver Paddy Power Betfair’s infrastructure automation and support 200 software developers.
We develop automation for private (OpenStack) and public clouds to provide deployment facilities for Paddy Power Betfair’s services.
You are a Linux engineer and you have Python (or similar) and scripting experience. You feel comfortable around config management tools.
This job will require skills on programming languages, Linux, virtualization, networking, storage and cloud infrastructure (public and private)
Monitoring tools experience is required as well as a reliability focused mindset.
You’ll get the opportunity to support our CD/CI pipelines and help shape our production pipelines.
Our services run on 1000’s of machines. You should be comfortable working at scale and supporting clustered computing across a number of technologies that range from web application services to message queues, data streaming and data storage technologies.
You’ll be part of the automation community at Paddy Power Betfair. This role is based in Porto, but the community is spread across our offices in the UK, Ireland and Romania as well, so it would be desirable if you could travel from time to time.
As well as supporting the operational running of the site, we look to automate our delivery processes and implement tooling to improve stability, performance and monitoring. We work with extremely high performing, high throughput, distributed systems which support millions of customers 24 hours a day so you’ll need to be careful, thorough and passionate about performance and reliability. Working in this environment also means you’ll bring a lot of experience to our team but you will also learn a lot, very quickly.
Are you up for a challenge?
Key responsibilities and duties
- Use configuration management tools such as Ansible and Chef to create self-service workflows
- Mentoring / Coaching of existing engineers and the broader development community
- Ability to inspire and shape a high level best practice for infrastructure within the department
- Work closely with development teams and product owners as part of an Agile software development team to ensure the required functionality is present keeping in mind resilience at all times
- To drive the full integration of automated workflows into a Continuous Delivery framework
- Support the development teams on all infrastructure related subjects
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in Linux based operating systems
- Experience in configuration management tools (such as Chef or Ansible)
- Experience in artifact packaging and repositories (such as Yum and RPM)
- Programming skills and SDLC good practices
- Track record of delivery in an agile environment
- Team player, who strives to maximize team and departmental performance
- Understanding of, and experience with, continuous delivery
- Experience working with multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with automation of recurrent tasks
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in virtualization and cloud technologies like AWS, GCP and Openstack
- Experience in container technology
- Experience in monitoring tools
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
What you can expect
- We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that’s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
- We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning!
- In the Porto city heart, we value relationships and friendship, that’s why we have breakfast together!
- You will emerge in state of the art technology and IT challenges!
You will find benefits like:
- 3 Extra days of vacation;
- The possibility to work remotely;
- Showers and locker rooms;
- Bicycle parking for you to explore alternatives on commuting to work;
- Fully provisioned kitchen with free breakfast and coffee breaks;
- Doctor, masseuse, nutritionist and ergonomist at the office;
- Health insurance;
- Mobile allowance;
- Choice of operating system;
- Own your laptop and accessories;
- CSR – 2 social days allowance;
- Sports Training;
- Partnership discounts;
- English lessons;
- Finance advisory;
- Blip Baby Kit;
- Referral bonus scheme;
So what are you waiting for? Come and join the best team in Portugal!
To know more about us please find us at: https://blip.pt/about-us/